Asplenium nidus ‘Crispy Wave’
Also known as the Crispy Wave Fern, the Bird’s Nest Fern is a beautiful bright green and luscious fern. With its fresh-looking thick textural leaves and air purifying qualities, it is the perfect green buddy for any home.
Plant Care Tips:
Being a tropical plant, the Asplenium Nidus thrives in humid spaces making it ideal for bathrooms.
– Hydrate it often, ideally in the mornings with room-temperature filtered water. If the water is cold, the plant may drop some leaves.
– Make sure the soil is always moist but not soggy, this could cause root rot.
– Place the plant in a cool room free of draughts.
– This fern prefers moderate indirect light and deep shade to maintain its wrinkled shape. Too much light can cause the leaves to yellow.
– During the growing season, we recommend fertilising it once every fortnight.
– Remove excess dust with a damp cloth but avoid the more delicate new fronds.
– If you can’t keep it in a humid area, mist the leaves twice a day. You can also place it near other plants as they create moisture naturally as they grow.
– As an epiphyte, it will survive well in a smaller pot but when you notice the plant it’s outgrowing it, it’s time to be re-potted.